On May 4th, 2011 I will be heading off on an exciting 1-year trek across Central & South America. I will be carrying two fishing rods in my backpack - one spin casting & one fly rod. Join my adventure as I search for each country's best fishing spots, learn local techniques, and show you how to get in on the action. Rainbow Bass fishing in Nicaragua, Machaca in Costa Rica, and Peacock Bass in Guyana are only a few of the adventures on the itinerary.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Early Morning Trout Fishing at Wilmot Creek (Bowmanville, Ontario)

Early-morning trout fishing at Wilmot Creek

The tranquility of early morning fall fishing can only be captured in a photo or experienced firsthand. This photo was taken at about 7a.m. on a Saturday morning. I was told to be there before sunrise to get a spot, but it was still surprising to see how many anglers were scattered along the shoreline for a chance to hook into a Lake Ontario, trout at that early hour. 

Have you fished at the mouth of Wilmot Creek? Do you have any advice for your fellow anglers? Leave a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Twitter
Subscribe to Feeds
Add in Facebook